Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Introducing the First Member of the Leia Shaw Team!

I'm so excited to announce the newest (and, yeah, first) member of my team!

Publicist Heidi!

Already she's been hard at work helping me get ready for the release of Destiny Bewitched, June 22nd. But to get to know her, she's provided a bio below.

If you'd like to contact her for any reason, email heidi@leiashaw.com. 

Please make her feel welcome by leaving a comment below!

Bio:

I have been a fan of all things paranormal since I was seven and used to sneak out of bed and watched all the old horror movies. I always identified with the 'monster' and felt bad for them. I remember crying because Dracula never, ever got to keep the woman. I discovered my love of reading at the same age.

My first series was...wait for it...Heidi by Johanna Spyri. People don't realize that there are several books in the series. I am an avid, feral reader. Before I was ten, I discovered a love of series of books, Black Beauty, Little Women, Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew to name a few. (I think I am dating myself there). I also read the phone book and a complete set of the Britannica encyclopedia.

Everything changed in 1988 when I borrowed a copy of Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice at the library. I was hooked. Soon I discovered Laurell K. Hamilton and Christine Feehan in the early 1990's. Imagine my happiness over finding out that the monsters got to keep the girl!

During that time, I had married my husband in 1986 after dating him for three months. When he left the military shortly there after, I followed him to South Carolina and became and instant southern belle. In 1987 I had Dena and in 1989, Allison. I have to say I am proud that every member of my family, on any given day, has a book that they are currently reading (yes, my husband reads daily). My youngest got her first library card at  six months old. Being a young, poor family, we spent hours every Saturday at the library. It was some of the best times of my life. My kids are exceptionally smart and I may have the only child EVER that the principal told that they could not read instead of play at lunch and recess time. She told me that in 27 years of being a teacher/principal that she had never had to do. She was in the 4th grade.

In 2005, I stumbled on erotic literature. Another door opened, that let me explore a whole new aspect of life. Kids were grown, husband and I were still young at 40 and 38. During all of this, I had gone to college at the age of 33 and majored in accounting and business. I worked in CPA offices for 10 years until a dramatic life change brought me to where I am today. I look forward to starting a whole new career as I stare down the big 50.


Thanks Heidi and welcome aboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment